Your privacy is very important to us and this policy sets out the different information we collect, why we collect it and what you can do if you want to remove yourself from our mailing list or change any details we may hold about you. If you need to contact us to discuss this policy, our contact details can be found here.
What information does Arithmos collect and when does it collect this information?
Arithmos will collect information from you when you visit our website (www.arthimosskin.com.au) or when you otherwise transact with us. The types of information that Arithmos collects from you and the situations in which we collect personal information are outlined below.
If you sign up as a member: we will collect your name, age and birthday details and email address. You will not be put on the mailing lists of any third parties.
If you do not sign up as a member: we may collect general site traffic data.
When you place an order: we collect your name, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number. This information must be provided to allow us to effect delivery of the products that you order, and to contact you if necessary. These details are retained in our database for record keeping purposes. Your email address may also be used to contact you in the event that you discontinue a shopping session. We or our service providers may contact you by email to see if there were any problems and if we can help you to complete your transaction.
If you elect to pay online using your credit card: your credit card details are not stored by us. They are encrypted and passed directly to the bank through our security provider. Any other information you provide at the checkout, such as comments or survey responses is stored by us and is used to better plan future items to add and developments for the website.
When you use our website: General site traffic data is collected for the purpose of site maintenance and improvement and provides information about which and how often certain pages are viewed. This helps us to understand what sorts of products our customers are interested in and alerts us to any areas of the site that may be difficult to navigate. The data we collect may include your IP address, your approximate geographic location, and data sent to us by your web browser, such as your operating system, browser type and version, computer type, MAC address and screen resolution. Cookies and other tracking technologies are used by us and our third-party partners, such as our advertising and analytics partners and our fraud prevention service provides, to provide functionality and to recognise you across different services and devices. You may opt out of sending us cookie data but this may adversely affect your experience using our services.
When you engage in business with us: Arithmos may collect personal information from you when you provide it to us in the ordinary course of business, for example when you contract with us or otherwise engage with our business.
Enquiries: when you make an enquiry of us online or by phone, we may collect your name and contact details in order to respond to your enquiry.
What happens if you do not provide personal information?
The main consequence for you, if some or all of the above personal information is not collected by us is that we may not be able to provide goods, services or information to you, or be able to provide them to the same standard as if we had the information requested.
Why does Arithmos collect personal information?
Arithmos collects personal information to:
- provide you with information that you have requested;
- process orders you make through our website;
- add you to our mailing list;
- send you marketing materials and promote our goods and services;
- deliver to you the goods that you have ordered and provide you with customer service following these orders;
- improve the website experience of our visitors; and
- comply with our legal obligations.
We also use personal information for our own internal business purposes including:
- for data analysis to improve our products and services;
- auditing our internal processes to ensure they function as intended and that we comply with regulatory requirements;
- for fraud and security monitoring;
- developing new products and services; and
- identifying usage trends so we can understand which part of our services and marketing are of most interest to our customers.
Do we engage in direct marketing?
As part of our promotional, educational and remarketing campaigns, we may contact you using the email address you have provided. If you prefer not to hear from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email we send you and you will be removed from any future communications. You can also unsubscribe (or re-subscribe) at any time by logging in as a member using your email address and password, and update your preferences.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
In the course of conducting our business we may provide your personal information to:
- third parties: in the course of providing products and services to you including, without limitation, through your use of our website. These third parties may include fraud prevention providers, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers and electronic network administrators
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to enable our website (and your shopping experience) to function in the manner it is intended;
- to prevent payment fraud;
- as part of our business processes and for the purposes described above;
- to meet the purpose for which your personal information was submitted;
- if we have your consent to do so or otherwise when we are authorised by law;
- if we are required by law to disclose the information; or
- to process product returns.
Does Arithmos store personal information outside of Australia?
Some of the third party service provides to whom we send data from time to time maybe located outside of Australia or may store your data outside of Australia.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to the transfer of that information to our third party providers and to the storage of your personal information by us or our third party
How do we hold your information?
All personal information held by us will be handled and stored in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect the information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through security methods; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
For how long do we keep information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you;
- legal obligations we may have to keep (or destroy) your data; or
- legal advice we receive (such as in regard to litigation, regulatory investigations or applicable statutes of limitation).
When your information is no longer required it is destroyed in a secure manner.
How can I access my information?
You are entitled to request access to personal information we hold about you and to request any information we hold about you be corrected or deleted. If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right of data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide this information to you consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information deleted from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. For your protection we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will comply with your request within a reasonable period after you make your request. If we delete your information we may not be able to provide goods, services or information to you, or be able to provide them to the same standard as if we had your information.
What about links to other websites?
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16. If we become aware that a person under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the details below.
You can contact us by email at email@example.com.
How can I complain?
If you would like to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles. We will look into your complaint and respond promptly in writing. If you are unsatisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (‘OAIC’). Contact details are on the OAIC website at https://www.oaic.gov.au.
Changes to this Policy
This policy is subject to change over time without prior notice. We may amend this policy by updating it and posting it on our website.
Copies of this policy
You can ask us to provide you with a copy of this policy, including a hard copy, by contacting us using the details above.
Last Updated: 21 January 2021